Tuesday, July 29, 2008

First Kick...in Virginia?!?!

I visited one of my best friends, Tenley, in Virginia this past weekend. We toured the national museums and monuments in D.C. on Saturday, and we had a delicious dinner at the Inner Harbor that evening. We went to her AWESOME church, Grace Community Church, on Sunday, and then we had indulgent pedicures that afternoon. Later that day, we went to a pool party with her oldest brother and sister who are both married and have children. I was inundated with much appreciated baby information from her sister and sister-in-law! I even came home with my suitcase packed full of baby clothes from her sister, Erica! They were such gracious hosts to me, and I really enjoyed spending time with all of them. This was my first chance to visit Tenley since she moved from Nashville last year. I am so happy that I got to visit her before the baby arrives in December. We had such a great weekend together!

While I was with her this past weekend, something very exciting happened! On Sunday, July 27th, I awakened early in the morning (6am) to use the bathroom (as usual), and then went straight back to
bed. I was just settling back in to fall asleep when I felt the strange sensation of a little foot or fist poking me from the inside. I felt Baby G kick for the first time! It was definitely a new and unique feeling, and I drifted back to sleep with a grin on my face. The doctor had told me that I may not feel her move much at all until weeks 23 or 24, but I definitely felt her sooner than that! Since that morning, I've been able to recognize her movements; therefore, I am feeling her more often. What a cool and crazy experience!


This is a picture of Tenley and me at the Inner Harbor where
we ate a fabulous dinner on Saturday night.

1 comment:

Dana said...

so sweet!! there's nothing like that feeling!