Wednesday, July 16, 2008

19 Weeks


I've been thinking about creating this blog ever since my friend, Miranda, told me about it. It's taken me awhile to get around to it but here I am! My husband, Michael, and I are expecting our first baby due December 5, 2008. We are currently 19 weeks along, and our ultrasound is scheduled for this coming Friday! We are going to find out the gender of Baby G. I have a feeling that it is a boy but what truly matters to us is that our baby is healthy. Michael says that he'd like to have a boy and KNOW that he gets at least one...but again, he really doesn't have a preference.

My pregnancy experience thus far has been a good one (for the most part). I had constant nausea during the first trimester and then, magically, it disappeared by week 13. It was like flipping a switch! The heartburn/indigestion has hit this week, unfortunately, but hopefully good ol' Prilosec will do the trick for awhile.

We went to Italy for two weeks, June 23-July 4, 2008. It was such a fabulous opportunity to see all the world renowed monuments, artifacts, paintings, and sculptures. That trip fulfilled a life-long dream of mine, so I am very content with our experience (this picture is of us in front of St. Peter's Basilica). I will say that we realized just how spoiled Americans are...we sure do have life easy over here! Hopefully, our next trip will be relaxing some place on a beach...I'd love to do that before Baby G arrives in December.

Well, that's it for now. I will post the exciting news we receive on Friday! :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Look at her little PEETS!!!!!! They are so cute! I can't wait to nibble on them!Love you guys! ----Leah

ryanclark said...

You look absolutley beautiful, I am so happy for you guys!!! I love the ultrasound pictures, isnt it the most amazing miracle ever to carry a child!!! One of God's greatest blessings!!! I think of you lots!!! Love Ryan