Friday, August 1, 2008

What's in a name?

Today is August 1, 2008. I cannot believe we are now 22 weeks pregnant - more than halfway through the pregnancy! I have been feeling baby G wiggle and squirm around every day now since her first kick just this past Sunday. It's unbelievable how quickly things are changing inside my body. I'm overwhelmed by the miracle of it all!

I've had a few people asking us about baby G's name, so I wanted to share with you all the reason behind the name we've chosen for our baby girl. We have always known that our first child's name would be my maiden name, Payton. Since the Lord is blessing us with a girl whose arrival comes during an otherwise sad and difficult year, she has been a true gift of joy not only to me and Michael, but also to my whole family. Her birth just nine short months after my Mother's death symbolizes God's grace and love to us, His children. It is the cycle of life, and I am so blessed that MY baby is the one to come into this world on the heels of her Grammy's life. Therefore, we are naming her Payton Joy Ghaffari!

3 comments:

Dana said...

I love it!!!!!!!

Kevin Sparkman said...

What an awesome testimony! She will be thankful for the gift of this name her entire life, and it will have a blessing on all who hear it!

Lacey said...

Yes, it is fitting!! Kallie named her second boy Tucker because our parents never had boys...
I love Payton...would've been cute for a boy too...
Much Love
oxox...Mwah...oxox