Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Friend's Baby

Today, our wonderful friends, John & Kathy Polumbo, welcomed their first baby into the world. Jackson Robert was born at 3:39 a.m. I was so excited to get their news when I awoke this morning! Kathy and I have enjoyed being pregnant alongside one another these past few months, and I secretly wanted to BE THERE every moment during her labor and delivery. I was SO thrilled when she called me this afternoon and told me ALL about it! Then we went to meet Mr. Jackson this evening at Stonecrest Medical Center in Smyrna, TN.

He is SO precious! He is just perfect-literally! 7lbs 9 oz. and 21 inches long. I was so overcome with emotion as I walked in and saw her holding him all wrapped up like a papoose! He was wide-eyed and seemed perfectly content laying in his momma's arms. Just seeing her and John with their precious miracle right in front of me sent my emotions all out of whack!! I'm so happy for them, I just can't stand it.

When I held him and talked to him, I quickly realized that this would be ME one day very soon...holding my newborn in the hospital. What an amazing, overwhelming, yet inspiring and exciting feeling! I feel so blessed to have friends like John & Kathy who have now "gone before me" in the world of pregnancy and birth; and I feel so grateful that they have allowed us to be apart of the whole experience.

I pray many blessings of happiness, love, joy, and fulfillment for John and Kathy with their new son, Jackson. I thank God for His grace and mercy poured into their lives not only because He gave them this precious child, but also because I know that He has sustained their faith and trust in Him through the entire process. I praise God for this new life in their lives AND in my life!

Jackson Robert Polumbo

No comments: