Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Special Memory

When Mother was still with us back in February of this year, I was alone with her one morning. I was doing her hair and makeup for the day, and we were having a nice mother/daughter chat. Michael and I had decided to go off birth control, and I STRONGLY felt like I should tell my Mother. I didn’t want to tell anyone else, but I decided to tell her. I'm not kidding, it was like I had told her we were already pregnant!! She ooh’d and awe’d and got all excited! She started asking about the colors of the baby’s room and she said, "Well, you know I DO things when babies are on the way." She shared different ideas with me about making a blanket or crocheting little toys, etc. (She was big into crocheting since she was hoping to pick up the hobby again to help her pass her days at home.) I told her that nobody else knew and that it was our little secret!

So in a way, I did get to tell her about our pregnancy…it just hadn’t quite commenced yet. Now that I retell this story, I realize what a blessing that special moment between us really was. I thank God for allowing me the opportunity to share our decision to have a baby with her even though we were not pregnant yet. But to her, it had already happened so, in a way, she got to celebrate with us after all.

2 comments:

Holly said...

That is such a wonderful story. It is so great to be able to look back on those kinds of memories and see all the little ways God blesses us. Blessings and prayers to you and little Payton.

Holly

Miranda said...

How Beautiful!!!