Wednesday, August 27, 2008

DMS Test

I had the lovely privilege of drinking some awfully sweet, orange flavored cocktail this morning before my gestational diabetes test. They said that they would only call me if I tested positive for it. It has been over three hours and I still haven't heard from them yet. I wasn't too worried about it, honestly, but it's still nice to hear the confirmation verbally.

Something that I wasn't aware of that interested me is that I had to get a RhoGAM shot today because my blood type is O negative. If the baby's blood type is positive, and if it interacts with my blood type at any time, it could mean serious problems! So they gave me a shot today to basically neutralize my blood type IF it were to mix with the baby's. I will get another shot after delivery. I'm not worried about it but I found it interesting that I needed that shot in the first place. Oh the joys and discoveries of pregnancy! For more info, read about it at:
http://www.rhogam.com/

I am looking forward to my first baby shower in Missouri next weekend! It just solidifies little baby Payton's impending arrival into our world by sharing and celebrating with special friends and family members. It should be a good time!

No comments: