Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Flu Season...pptthh!

Well, PJ has contracted her first REAL viral infection (or so I'm assuming that's what type it is). She started coughing and having a runny nose on Saturday. This morning, her temp spiked to 100.9 - apparently, that's not high enough to warrant a doctor's visit. My pediatrician's nurse was super helpful over the telephone with me and told me that I was doing everything right (yay, me!). It just really hurts your heart when there's *nothing* you can do for your baby once you've done everything...ya know?

She is a trooper, though! Once the baby ibuprofen kicked in this morning, she attempted to push around her stroller or play with her toys for about 45 minutes. That was all she could handle, and then she was back in my arms. We've been reading a lot of books over the past few days because she doesn't feel like being active. It's a nice break for me since I don't have to watch her like a hawk, however, it means I cannot get anything "done" in the house. I told Michael last night, "She's only sick for a few days (God willing) and then life will go on...everything else can wait if my being here for her (to hold, to cuddle, to read, to suction her nose countless times) is what she needs then that's what I'm going to do!" He just mumbled in agreement as he nodded off to sleep...and then today, I sent HIM the grocery list. HA! :-)

So please say a prayer that our little PJ gets better sooner rather than later. Thanks!...oh, and I want to send a big shout out to my pal, Tenley Hardin. HAPPY BIRTHDAY on February 5th! :-)

1 comment:

Jordan said...

we are in the middle of the same thing :( We were told by the doctor it is a little bit of a head cold/rsv/bronchialitis. He said the first 3 days are the worst, then the next 3 are a little better with lots of coughing, then the 3 after that are moving toward being fine!
Charlotte has lost her appetite, been very sleepy, runny nose, fever of 100-101 for 3 days, coughing - all that fun stuff. We've been doing tylenol/ibu during the day and then benedryl at night so she can sleep a little better. I hope we are towards the end of it!
I hope PJ gets through it soon and her and Mom can get some good rest soon! I hate seeing our little ones sick and not being able to fix it. I'm sick with the same thing too but I can take all kinds of drugs to make it better!!