Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Waiting Game

I realized it had been awhile since I last posted on this blog, so I figured I'd send out an update. Of course, most everyone knows that we are past our due date (Dec. 5). Tomorrow (Monday), it will be ten days. My mother was about two weeks late with all but one of her kids (5 total), so I feel as if this might be in the genes! Frankly, even taking after my Mother regarding my pregnancies and birth tendencies is something I can and will be proud of no matter how impatient I might get.

The doctor has scheduled an induction for Tuesday, Dec. 16, however, I am feeling more and more uneasy about going through with it. I feel that I need to give my body a full two-week window to go into labor on its own. Thankfully, this has been a perfect, healthy pregnancy. At my ultrasound last Friday, the doctor said Payton looked wonderful and seemed perfectly happy and content. Why disrupt something that has already gone SO smoothly just because we or the doctors are impatient? NATURE cannot be controlled, therefore, I hesitate to try to do so. If Baby G wants to stay in there a while longer, I don't have a problem with that. Granted, after this coming Friday, I will give in and allow them to induce me since most pregnancies do not fare well that last beyond the 42 week period.

What is unbelievable to me is that we are going to have a Christmas baby! I really did not think we'd be this close to the holiday when she was born. We have said since day one that she was a gift of JOY to us, and it only seems fitting that she be born during the true season of joy. You see, I believe God is in control of my body, Payton's life and hence her birth into our world. As long as we are both healthy, I find no reason to induce and disrupt the natural order of things.

Payton could come tonight or tomorrow or...the waiting game continues. I feel peace in my heart about this decision, and I trust all of my family and friends will support me in this final week as we patiently await her God-controlled arrival.

Love to you all,
Christy, Michael, Maya...and soon-to-be, Payton Joy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm trying to be patient as well.....it's hard! But i'm so excite! I love you all! ----Leah

Peggy Blann Phifer said...

Thanks for the update, Christy. I've been eagerly waiting for word that we had a baby. (grin)

Waiting is difficult, isn't it? I think I told you that your cousin Heidi was almost two weeks late, too. But the boys were almost exactly on time.

Praying with you. Above all, do what the Lord is leading you to do.

Can't wait for the news!

Aunt Peggy